Monday, March 5, 2012

A NO CHICKEN ZONE

I suffer from chicken withdrawal but my under gardener has decreed, "No chickens, please!" What's a girl to do? So at least with these trellises made from chicken wire and my concrete chicken I can pretend!

I'm sure these lovely but light duty, hecho in Chine trellises will hold up the sweet peas I have planted along the bottom. The trellises arrived slightly rusted, (on sale from Gardener's Supply in Burlington, VT) so my under gardener thought a fine coating of hammered silver was just the thing! Oye!

I couldn't live with silver so I found some "spring green," a lovely and garish yellowish green Rustoleum shade at the hardware store. But the under gardener did get points for his ingenious method of securing them to the cedar bed and keeping them spaced away from the World's ugliest fence! I added some lettuces for now, but plan to put my pimento peppers there in late May after we've harvested and enjoyed the lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment