Wednesday, March 21, 2012

BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR


There I was, whipping around the dance floor doing a fast waltz which involves some crossing of the feet for tight and quick turning. Suddenly another dance couple veered into our path and I had to abort my execution of a step. While we were able to avoid a collision, I scraped my left heel into by right toe...did I mention I wear only "Latin' dance shoes which are open toe?) The heels of my dance shoes are sharp because they don't get worn down...you are mainly on the balls of your feet whilst dancing.
We continued dancing of course until the waltz ended. I felt something funny and looked down to see blood running out of my shoe and on to the dance floor. Not good, I thought. I tried to stem the tide with the one bandage I had in our dance shoe bag but we had to go home as it was obvious I had really gouged the crap out of my toe and one bandage wasn't gonna do it.
Luckily it finally quit bleeding and today it's just a bit sore.
I have found over my 12 years of ballroom dancing that the worst injuries I've suffered on the dance floor have always been self-inflicted!

No comments:

Post a Comment