Friday, September 14, 2018

WINDING DOWN IN THE GARDEN

 Here in the Rogue Valley we are experiencing an early autumn this year, it seems. Night temps in the low 40's mean that most veggies just stop doing much. Usually we have rather hot temps until almost the end of the month but not this year. Probably means we'll have a lot of green tomatoes to ripen indoors. But I'm not complaining because the cooler temps are so nice! 
So I'm madly dumping pots, planting some things into the ground and putting some things in bigger pots. Time to "activate" my pot washing sink (a laundry tray that my under gardener installed mainly for just this purpose)...washing up pots before I store them away for winter. I bring out a bucket of hot, sudsy water and turn it into mud, basically, as I scrub out the insides. It usually takes several times changing out the water to get all the pots cleaned. I let them dry out for a couple of days so that if I want to stack them, they won't freeze together in the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment