Thursday, September 13, 2018

GOT SUCCULENTS?

 Our weather has taken a decidedly "fallish" feel so I've been gathering up all the succulents that won't survive this winter in our Sunset Zone 7. Turns out that's a lot of 'em! 
But first I had to clean out and paint the interior of my tiny greenhouse. I used Miller Storm in "boxwood" which bears no resemblance to the real color of boxwood! But I like it as it is a sort of a sage green although it looks very blue here.


 I added some small shelves at the back of the counters to raise up plants so I could get to them more easily.  
We even activated the heater (lower left of photo) last night as it got down into the mid 40's. That's a Kalanchoe blooming away on the left. Looks like I'm almost maxed out and I still have a Meyer lemon and a geranium to shoe horn in! How did I get so many succulents anyway? 






No comments:

Post a Comment