Friday, November 10, 2017

LEAF ME BE!

I took this photo out our patio door about 30 minutes after I had cleaned up all the leaves on the patio. I was convinced that the "worst was over." Not so much! Seems I forgot to look up...on the roof. The wind came up as predicted by the weather guessers and all the leaves came cascading down from the roof and gutter.
We started our annual leaf-o-rama early this year...in early October as our maples were already dropping lots of beautiful red leaves. We filled up nine big black 40 gallon leaf bags and hauled them up to the road for collection by mid October. Surely, we thought, the worst is over now!
Expectations unmet as we were knee deep in maple by Halloween and loading up more bags. 
It's raining today so I'm glad we got most of the leaves collected before they got wet and slimy.
Seems like I've spent the entire month raking, blowing, raking, blowing, bagging, hauling........
Time for a glass of wine and a nap!💤🍁

No comments:

Post a Comment