Monday, November 13, 2017

NOT BIRD BRAINED!

 I've been using a concrete birdbath for a couple of years and discovered that it has developed a leak. It was always hard to manage as I had to take the heavy top off to empty it and the porous concrete was very good at letting algae grow.  I had to frequently douse it with bleach. So the Wild Birds Unlimited store had a 3-hour 15% off sale for it's preferred customers...I've bought a lot of bird seed over the years so I am one of those customers. This new bird bath is cast iron base and a powder coated bowl.
We've kitted it out with a heater (the light grey rectangle), a water spout/mister which makes it easy to fill without dragging over the hose, and the battery operated "tiddler" that agitates the water and attracts the birds. No kidding, they like the water to be moving! Yeah, lucky birds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment