Tuesday, March 10, 2015

IT'S NOT BLUE, IT'S LAGOON!

 Every few years, I want a new accent colour in my garden...One year it was dark blue, then spring yellow-green (chartreuse) and this year I wanted more of a turquoise blue. I don't know why this is...it just seems like my eye hones in on a certain color and I have to have it. Luckily for me, my under-gardener was in a spray paint mood, as I ended up finding 16 items for him to paint (not all in lagoon...!) They'll ride up with wear...or as we say in the garden world, they'll look better once we have plants around them and they are spaced out in the garden. The thing is...it will probably be about 2 years before I can find clay pots in "lagoon." It's just this spring that I'm seeing lots of stuff in the yellow-green color I had to have in 2013. Go figure.   
We also refreshed some of 2013's green since it shows up so well against the dark slatted chain link fence I love to hate and it still goes nicely with the Goldchild ivy that I'm desperately growing all over the fence to hide it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment