Saturday, November 16, 2013

HOT AND COLD RUNNING PANTRY

 This is my regular pantry which is installed in a hallway closet. The shelving unit allows me to organize everything so I can see it because it's not too deep and fairly wide. Seems like a logical thing to me.
Then there's the cold pantry...aka the freezer section. Oye! I've never figured this out...WHY ARE REFRIGERATORS DESIGNED BACKWARDS? Every cook knows that fridges need to be half as deep and twice as wide. Then food wouldn't get lost in the back. And then I wouldn't have to empty out the entire bin to get something! Or have the entire contents of a shelf fall out on my feet as I'm pulling out a bag of peas.
HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO DO? I guess it's the "we've always done it this way..." syndrome! But this is the 21st Century...time to think outside the original design, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment