Sunday, September 8, 2013

SEWING THERAPY

 Time to get out my trusty Viking sewing machine (circa 1963) and do some home upholstery sewing. My dad bought me this machine way back when "portables" meant that you could almost lift it...they were made of metal and NOT made in China! So 50 years later, it still does a great job (I did spent $75 last year to get it serviced).
 The project: Cover up the exposed, black baise fabric at the end of our sectional (we bought both ends but not the middle part because we didn't have room for it at our condo in Chico). We didn't realize that the ends wouldn't be upholstered. Luckily it came with 2 matching fabric throw pillows.
So 6 years later, I finally got around to sewing up the panels with the fabric cut from the former pillows. I mounted them to the sofas with $12 worth of sticky Velcro. No one will ever know but me (and you) that the loveseat-sized sofas didn't come this way. And it was easy.
It's nice when things turn out neat and great for the morale!

No comments:

Post a Comment