Tuesday, May 21, 2013

DECOR SEA CHANGE

 I'm so done with the brown this year but I had very little budget for changing my mind after 2 years of a chocolate brown bedroom! So I headed to my favourite French decorator emporiums...(Frederiques Meyeres and Jacques Cee Pennae) to look around. First I found a neutral tan & taupe comforter and shams (all for $34 franc bucks) at Frederiques. It meets with the black & white unit's approval as you can see.
Then it was up to Pennae's at Le Maulle for drapes. No pinch pleats in the whole department...just those ugly grommet style things! But wait! Way back in the corner, some discounted tab panels in a cream and taupe stripe linen. At $17 a panel, I grabbed up 4 of them. Back home I set up my trusty Viking sewing machine (circa 1964) and turned them into a single pinch pleat topped drapery. They just fit these not too big windows in the little 1978 style master bedroom. Voila! A nice, clean modern look, and all for $102. Sometimes you just get lucky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment