Monday, May 20, 2013

CLEMATIS TIME

 May is Clematis Month in the Rogue Valley. Every year I add another vine or two, hoping someday to cover the ugly south fence with vine magic!
 These type of clematis die back every winter and put out new growth on seemingly dead looking vines. I give 'em a shot of fertilizer early in the spring so they have a good start.

This year's main yard project was the privacy screen on the patio ( you're seeing the back side.) The final bit this year was adding a gravel path for the side yard instead of having to muck about in the hideous "junk lumber bark" that the house rehabber put down to cover up the dirt. Not good stuff and it's easy to misstep and twist one's ankle. Besides, this looks loads better! Yes, I am DONE with projects for this year....I think!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! You? Done with projects? Where's the joy in that? I love the clematis pictures. Since I don't grow plants anymore, I really enjoy your virtual garden. Thanks Kath!

    ReplyDelete