Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WRITING FOR FUN

 I used to get paid to write for this newspaper supplement...not a lot, mind you, but I made some "pin money" (Jack calls it 'hog money" being from South Dakota) through the years. Well, times changed and the once thick, glossy magazine has become a 12-16 page newsprint once-a-month feature, stuck in amongst the supermarket ads.
 So since I can't help myself, I write for free. It's therapeutic since I write about our life experiences. And it does help me put things in perspective.
This piece is the first in a series of three that I have written about our "adventures in downsizing." I find that if I can see the humor in our circumstances, I do eventually feel better about it. This 800 word, one page story covers when we sold our home and searched for a smaller place.
If you'd like to read the article, contact me and I'll email it to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment