Sunday, March 10, 2013

HONEY-DOO WEEK!

 What you see here is the result of a week of two people killing themselves off while still managing to dance 2 times during this project! This is the finished privacy & wind screen that we builton the south side of our patio.
 March is the best time to dig postholes so we got the 10' posts in the ground last Sunday. The rest was just a matter of putting in a 2"x12" cedar base, some 2"x4" "stringers" and some 7.5" cedar fencing which we ripped  into slats in 2 sizes, 4.5" and 3." It took about 500 screws to put it together. We finished it on Friday. I added the gravel and pots Saturday.
I added the "Crimson Queen" Japanese maple (Acer palmatum dissectum) on Sunday, after a trip to the Grange Co-op with my coveted gift card that Chris & Susan gave me last year for my birthday. I'd been saving it for something special!
The maple hasn't leafed out yet so it was easy to pot up. This is the last of our "hot tub" planter barrels made by a cooper in Healdsburg. The tree will have a nice protected and shady area. I love the enclosed and more private space. Total cost for this honey-doo was about $250, not counting the maple. It was so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment