Sunday, July 25, 2010

RAISING IN RAISED BEDS

It's amazing how much you can cram into a raised bed! Just add enough mulch and fertilizer, and voila, you get some amazing results. I dug these beds down about 2 feet when we put in the garden area in 2002, and I've been filling them up ever since with mulch that I make (with the help of my the trusty worms).

Corn and cukes in this year's garden...they got off to a late start because of the cool spring here in the Rogue Valley, but the warmer weather makes them grow like crazy.

Beans, zukes and 3 tomatoes...all in one 4' x 8' bed...good thing plants like company!
The grapes above me are also in a raised bed. Looks like they got over their
late frost bite (May 4,5,6) and hail (May 26) with a vengeance! What a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment