Sunday, June 20, 2010

WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH 'DIS DAMNED CRUST!

Freeloader Dugan Schoenfelter used to show up frequently at dinner time at the Ashcraft farmstead. One night Jack's mom, Myrtle, served him pie. With a mouthful of pie, Dugan asked, "What's the matter with 'dis damned crust!" Myrtle said, "There's nothin' wrong with that crust...eat it and shut up!"
So it's been the Ashcraft family joke ever since. Hopefully no one will ask me that about this cherry pie!

My 100+ year old maple rolling pin, used by Jack's grandmother. I call it my good luck rolling pin...it never fails to produce a good pie crust! The can of Michigan tart pie cherries is from Grocery Outlet. I use 4-cans for one 9" pie.


Yeah, I like to get fancy with the top crust. A simple design for the Father's Day pie.


Into the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes...then 350 for about 35-40 minutes.

Out of the oven all bubbly and hot by 9am so it can cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment