Saturday, June 19, 2010

CHASED

His name is "Chase."
He was found abandoned, chained to a tree without water or food for at least 7-days!

Chase in doggy jail at the Humane Society on Saturday. At least he'd had a bath and was more upbeat than when we first saw him on Friday.

Who could resist that face! The minute I saw him, I said to Jack, "That's the dog!"
He comes to Southern Oregon from Fresno. He traveled to Oregon with 49 other small dogs. It seems that small dogs are in demand here, more so than in So. Cal. Someone took pity on him and turned him into the shelter in Fresno.
It's hard to imagine someone being so cruel to a little dog!


When we first saw him, he was filthy and traumatized by all that had gone on. He sat in my lap and just hugged my body. I had to burn my clothes when I got home but we knew he was our dog! We did the paperwork and paid the $250 adoption fee. But we couldn't take him home until he has the "big snip". But we do get visitation everyday!With Mom in the visitors yard.





Checking out the smells from some of his tribe.
Below, with his new Dad! We hope to bring him home early next week, right after his surgery.

1 comment: