Tuesday, June 15, 2010

FITNESS AT LAST!

Thanks to my best friend Carolyn, I've enrolled at Baxter Fitness. She gave me the basic membership for my birthday. She and Jim have been going to Baxter for many months and she has raved about it. I kept thinking that I should check it out, but her thoughtful gift forced me to get with the program! Many thanks to her! Baxter is a low key fitness company which caters to folks 50 & beyond. Obviously it's not a pickup spot, meat market or a spot for hotties, but it is a great place for a sensible workout.

The first this that I do is get on the cycling machine. All the machines are set up for five minutes only! Yes, that's the way they do it...crank up the resistance as you improve (I'm 11 out of 20 so far on this). They claim that you derive just as much benefit from 5-minutes at higher resistance than 10 minutes at a lower resistance. So far it's hard for my reptile brain to get that...I just naturally think that I should be doing MORE or I won't get any benefit!

I'm also getting a good workout on my upper body, which has always been my weak point. Getting rid of those ugly buldges around the back of the bra and those jiggly parts on the upper arms is my goal here! Maybe Niecey likes her jiggly parts, but I sure don't like mine!

My "personal trainer" Damon giving me tips about rowing...I suck at this but I'm starting to get the idea. The trick is in the way you go forward and back, rotating from the hip! I really need some music with this! Something Latin would be good!
Damon says he isn't ready to "cut me loose" to do the workout on my own, but I'm soooo ready! Just get over it, Damon!


The cat says, "I'm glad I don't have to do that stuff to stay fit...I just climb up on the trellis and watch my bozo humans at work.
Thanks again to Carolyn for the membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment