Wednesday, May 22, 2019

GARDEN COMPANIONS WHO DON'T TALK BACK...MUCH

 Some call it "garden whimsy" but I call it my "garden guys." I've had this tortoise for 30 years...I painted it from concrete gray to a more turtle-like motif. The paint has faded but it still startles visitors looking so lifelike.
 My undergardener hasn't gotten around to painting this froggie's eyes yet but I'm sure he will.

He did get around to rescuing the cranes from "demon rust" with a coat of a Rustoleum flat metallic grey and a fog of blue-green to simulate vert de gris.  

 

Of course there is one garden guy that does "talk back" and is whining at me to take him for a walk NOW! This is his favorite bench right under the red maple, mid garden. He can see the entire garden plus watch the shop door for his "leader of the pack" to poke his head out and breathe away from the Swedish fish oil fumes in the shop!  

No comments:

Post a Comment