Saturday, March 24, 2018

IT TAKES THREE...

 Because the garden is still wet and we keep having snow showers, the only thing to do when you are infected with "gardenitus" is look for pots and plants! The nurseries and garden centers are still mostly deserted because you need a warm jacket, gloves and a nice hot Styrofoam cup of latte to roam around in the chilly days of early spring. It was easy enough to find the three dwarf boxwood (buxus) but finding three pots the same color and the same size...not so much! 

Maybe I was just too early in the season, although there were new pot styles at the garden center. Lots of nice Vietnamese and Malaysian ones (along with the cheapo made in China ones that I ignore). Luckily I found my garden center lady who brought out another pot to match the two that I had picked out (Malaysian). They don't put all of them out at once due to space limitations.
 So my plan is to make a birdbath focal point using pots at the base. Now I only need three more matching pots in a different color from these to place between them. I'm thinking geraniums or daylilies in maybe green or blue pots... 

No comments:

Post a Comment