Monday, March 13, 2017

GRAVELICIOUS!

 Early spring is gravel time here at Angelcrest Manor. With this year's rains, I was sure wishing that I had done this last year when we were both a year younger! The weather guessers predicted a few days of no rain and temps above 50, so I took the leap of faith and ordered it. 
My trusty undergardener is hard at work with the flatpoint shovel and wheelbarrow. I keep saying, "Repeat after me...it will be so nice when it's done!"
This time we got 6 yds of a crushed pea gravel for the entire backyard garden area. It seems that I got lucky as I was wishing for a brown gravel instead of the usual grey stuff. Turns out this gravel is light tan...a nicer look for sure!
As it dries, it gets even lighter so it will reflect more light. 
So after 3 days of hauling this stuff, we've taken a day off and are trying to recuperate. I keep saying, "The worst is over." Looks like we still have a couple of yards left for the side yard and bird feeder area. "Oh goodie," says Jack. Oye! Well, it's good to be outside and think about other stuff again!





No comments:

Post a Comment