Sunday, February 5, 2017

LUCY AND ETHEL

A new laundry pair! These Electrolux babies are fantastic. Jack said that they were expensive enough to have names, so I call them Lucy and Ethel. 
Unfortunately my old Bosch washer was a mold factory! Wet laundry was left in it by our Medford tennant when we were living in Chico and the door gasket was permanently affected. I couldn't stand the smell any longer and I the mold spores were bad. So out it went, along with the dryer and now I don't have to worry about mold. This new washer has a better system and a little door spring that lets the air into the washer to help dry it out. 

I also learned that most detergents and additives build up a thick residue on the outside of the inner washer drum, which adds to the smell and encourages more mold. The liquid detergent the appliance store recommends is called "Excelsior." They offered a discount on the detergent when we bought the laundry pair, so I bought 2 boxes. It is also sold on Amazon. The amazing thing is that you use only about 1 tablespoon per load! And you don't need fabric softener either! The results have been great...renewed life for my towels and bedding. Who knew?  

No comments:

Post a Comment