Thursday, September 1, 2016

FALL "HORTICIDE"

 It's that time of year again...when I know that I have too many tender plants and too little space in the greenhouse for all of them. Unfortunately, that means committing "horticide." Some just have to go! You'd think I'd figure this out, but no! I buy more plants and pot up more succulents every year. Things that I just have to have to complete my collection. 
Here are a few of the survivors (for now). I do cut back stuff and put more plants into one pot to take up less space. But there are always a few new ones that I have to squeeze into my 4' x 6' greenhouse. Not to mention the geraniums that I have to kill off since they are way too big to winter over. I keep "starts" of each for next year. And of course there's the lemon bush that takes up most of the floor space on one entire side of the greenhouse or greencloset, as I call it. The good thing is that it forces me to prioritize, kinda,sorta. 
This year I moved some of the larger succulents indoor to my only southeast facing window. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment