Sunday, March 20, 2016

HARE TODAY....

 Meet Herkemer Hare, adopted from the Easter selections at Fred Meyer. Not you typical cute bunny but more like the real pesky jack rabbits that visit my front yard. He is made of wood (from China, of course, where they must know a thing or two about rabbits, I'm guessing). Anyway he is about a 3/4 scale model of the real thing. As I said to the checkout clerk, "I don't know why I'm buying this, since I have 'em for free!" Except of course that this one doesn't eat the flowers and stays put.
 Speaking of flora and fauna, here is a chickadee at the birdbath. He took time out from scolding me while I'm working in MY/HIS yard. 
 In the coldframe I had a surprise bloomer...a scented geranium that went for it. Who knew? It has a lemony scent when you touch the leaves.
 And of course when it comes to having company in the garden, the flickers perch high up in the trees and sound off with their loud calls, just to remind me to keep putting out their favorite peanut butter suet. 
So here is Herkie keeping me company in the greenhouse where we'll both be nice and dry until the spring rains are over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment