Thursday, March 31, 2016

CONFESSIONS OF A TREE STEALER

Chase the wonder dog and I take a walks most every day up the hill to Cloud Crest Drive. He sniffs at all the deer and dog markings while I take in all the flora. One of the homes we pass had a big tree disaster this past fall when we had some high winds and half of the huge 50' pine tree split off and landed across the front of the lot. Luckily it didn't take out any cars or structures. But it did mess up the front landscaping. This huge tree limb did not get removed for several months and when it finally was cut up and hauled off, a small juniper tree was revealed, smashed over and uprooted. The weeks passed and nothing was done for the poor little juniper tree...an expensive plant, I might add, when purchased. So in broad daylight I just stepped over to the curb and grabbed it. I brought it home and potted it up. I gave it the best potting soil and some bone meal to encourage it to put out new roots. And here it is happy to have some attention and putting out the tiniest bits of new growth. Score one for the "Plant Phantom!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment