Monday, September 14, 2015

SEPTEMBER GARDEN GAZE

 The portable farrier's stand that I found at the metal recycler several years ago makes a great plant stand on the patio. This pot of ivy geranium seems to love last week's hot weather.
 Here's Sally Holmes!...an old fashioned single climbing rose. It looks fetching against the teal green lattice. I love white in the summer garden...so refreshing!
 The Brandywine heirloom tomato produces the late summer glut of very sweet juicy tomatoes. It makes all our neighbors happy to get some of the overage.
And my favorite fragrant white rose... "Secret's Out"... is blooming again and perfuming the veggie garden. I pulled it out of the ground this spring from a too shady spot. I only got a few roots and one stem at that time so I potted it up and hoped for the best. 
 Seems like it's hard to kill a good hybrid rose thanks to hardy root stock! It will get popped out of this too small planter and get a nice place of honor in a raised bed this fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment