Saturday, April 18, 2015

LATH CHANCE...

I'm at it again...painting. I painted my first fence when I was four. It was a whitewash job at our little Palo Alto started home in 1948. I'm sure I had as much on me as on the fence but my dad let me do it. I had a red bandanna on my head so I probably didn't get any on my hair.
I'm still painting fences these days, only this time it's lath on our "garden room." The paint is Miller Storm "boxwood" which looks blue in the shadows but is really a deep blue-green that works well with bright green vegetation...a much improved product over drippy old whitewash! The light color panel on the right is the natural cedar, weathered for one year. It would turn dirty gray if I didn't paint it. So today I gutted it up and painted it. It took about 2.5 hours using a small roller and a 1" brush for all the edges. I have one more panel the same size (4'x7') to finish up the project.
Unseasonable warm temps (high 70's) have lured me into this chore ahead of my planned schedule in May. Seems like we're getting warmer temps earlier in the spring. Global warming? Nah, couldn't be THAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment