Friday, October 31, 2014

A NO CARVE HALLOWEEN

 I've collected some ceramic pumpkins over the last 20 years, since I no longer have gremlins to carve pumpkins. I still like to decorate, even if we don't get any trick or treaters...our driveway is too long, dark and scary! 
 I think that I picked this one up at Harry and David many years ago when they still had neat seasonal stuff in their store located here in Medford. A pumpkin candle adds some pumkiney smell.
 This year we've have over 5" of rain so far since Sept 1st. We're hoping it keeps up, even if it means soggy leaves all over the patio. Would you believe that I had this all cleaned off yesterday? It's going to be a soggy, cool Halloween night.
One of the culprits..mainly gold and orange leaves except on the very top...not enough cold nights to make all the leaves turn red. HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Maybe I'll whip up a nice pumpkin pie to surprise my big gremlin who is out in the shop finishing off another Saab transmission rebuild!

No comments:

Post a Comment