Saturday, September 27, 2014

GREENHOUSEKEEPING

 During the summer months, I leave the greenhouse door open. Otherwise the temps can get well in excess of 120 degrees, even with the shade cloth covering on the roof. So it gives the spiders ample time to set up housekeeping. They love it in there! But it's nothing a shop vac can't cure... 
 Since the weather has started to "turn" to fall temps, I got in there (I leave the shop vac on the outside as there isn't room for both of us inside) and suck up the bugs. Did I mention that there are always a few crickets as well? Then I get out my window washing gear, make up some ammonia solution and have at the polycarbonate panels, inside and outside. The rivers of mud runoff on the outside make me think that this should let more light in this winter. Oye. 

I also wash down the bare cedar slats on the upper shelves and this year I used some of my favorite stain (Storm in "wet sand" color) to paint the lower cedar planks and the cedar baseboard. 
That's the easy part...Stay tuned for shoe-horning in of way too many succulents that I just had to have, knowing they couldn't winter over in our climate zone. Sinners repent! will be my future lament... 

No comments:

Post a Comment