Thursday, June 5, 2014

SPRUCED UP

 We added this spruce tree to the front door area in April of 2011. The little 1 cu ft. planter was very adequate at the time. Oh, look at those tulips...before I discovered that the place was overrun with jackrabbits. Those lovely yellow jobs were all gone the next morning...snapped off and devoured! 
Fast forward to June 2014...The tree has doubled in size and needed a much bigger pot. So off we went to the highly touted Legends Pottery, right off the freeway exit in beautiful Central Point, OR. Millions of pots...well, hundreds at least. I needed about a 2 cubic ft container...one of the smaller pots in their collection! They're all from Vietnam...Yeah, I try not to think about it...we killed 55,000 Americans (the large majority from my generation) so we could get cheap pots and other stuff...can't go there! Anyway it wasn't THAT cheap...$79.99 but it seems that the clay from that part of the world is fairly good stuff. Who knew? Glad that I had trusty "Jack the Under Gardener" with me! It was heavy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment