Saturday, January 18, 2014

CANTASTIC!

 Last year I had sent a post to Gardener's Supply and suggested that they offer a REAL watering can. I was probably not the only one...just guessing...and so they have added an exclusive Haws can in their spring catalog. I ordered it and here it is. And it's even in the right color for my garden! I've had my original plastic Haws (purchased at Smith and Hawken) about 25 years ago. I've replaced the "rose" once. I plan to baby this can a bit more and not leave it out in the weather so the rose will last longer. As you can see from this design, it's spill proof and puts out a wonderfully gentle spray. Plants like that. Yeah, I'm waxing eloquent about a watering can but honestly if you've been using a pitiful can from a garden supply store, you will appreciate this can for sure. 

If you like to garden, get a hold of a Gardener's Supply Company catalog...keep it wherever you spend the most time reading...and enjoy all the great stuff. The only downside to them is that they're in Vermont...but it hasn't stopped me from buying stuff from them for more than 20 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment