Wednesday, October 24, 2012

TRADER JOE'S IN MEDFORD!

Okay, so it took 20 (YES TWENTY) years of letters, then emails and blogs to get a Traders here in Dreadford. The good news is that it is the LARGEST one I've ever shopped in....about 30% bigger than our favorite one in Chico! Tonite's treat will be some "2-Buck Chuck" which is $2.49 in Oregon & smoked trout on pita crackers. Yummm!
Some of the best things about Traders are the frozen foods. I had to remind myself that I didn't need to buy 6 of something...I could go back ANYTIME and get more and not have to plan a 3 HOUR TRIP  to Chico or Eugene! Our first shopping trip cost us $124.00, including 6 bottles of assorted wine ($24 for them) so I did buy plenty of items that I had run out of since Susan brought me stuff from Chico at Christmas!
The store is very well lit, has wide aisles and a bigger produce & prepared food section. I also think the wine/beer section is bigger.
Some folks camped outside the store overnight so they'd be the first ones inside last Friday when it opened. Me?...I forced myself to wait until today to shop. Can't wait to go back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment