Tuesday, May 29, 2012

DELIGHTFUL!

This is the 5th Double Delight I've planted over the years...but who's counting! My new garden wouldn't be complete without it! Did I mention that I love fragrant roses? Yeah, if it doesn't "smell" I usually don't go for it. That's true for most flowers, but especially roses.
The only downside is that I know that FRAGRANCE is a recessive gene is roses...so if you get smell you also get a plant less resistant to fungal diseases like Black Spot. Bummer. All you can do is try for good air circulation and keep things well groomed to lessen the impact of the annoying condition that makes the leave go all wonky with yellow and black blotches.
But as Scarlett (O'Hara) said, "Ah won't think about that today...I'll go crazy if ah do...I'll think about that tomarrah!"
Meanwhile I wish you could have a whiff of this beauty in first flush!

No comments:

Post a Comment