Tuesday, October 8, 2019

FENCED OUT AND HAPPY ABOUT IT

 We replaced our neighbor's back fence (our side fence) when it became clear that the neighbors were not going to fix it...it was leaning into our property and about to fall over. The posts had rotted off and we were using metal stakes to keep it upright!    
 So $3200 later we have a stout 120' cedar fence!
 I decided to paint it "Boxwood" by Miller Paint. Their "Storm" brand fence and deck paint lasts well and is easy to apply. I have to say that this was probably my "swansong" in fence painting...I painted by first fence when my dad handed me a paintbrush in 1948.  I was four years old and I've been hooked ever since! 
 We have buried electrical service and the old box circa 1978 was in need of a facelift! So my under-gardener came to the rescue with some textured dark green paint. Much better. Turns out the fence was actually built off kilter and on our property...not on the correct property line so we got an additional 2' of yard thanks to our contractor remeasuring the entire plot lines!  
I kitted out the "bus stop" niche (we had to build the fence to acommodate the transformer box) with a cedar deodar that I raised from seed and we hung an old cultivator for some garden whimsey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment