Thursday, October 11, 2018

LATE SEASON CATCH-ALL BLOG


My friend Carolyn gave me an old Borden's Creamery wooden box a few years back so I have re-purposed it as a shelf in the greenhouse so I can hold more pots of succulents. Last night we heard a funny "plop" sound but didn't investigate. Today I discovered that one of the succulent pots I brought in from the outdoors and put in the dining room was full of ants and they had actually "kicked out" an entire plant on to the floor. I immediately hauled the offending pot outside, dumped the soil and "quarantined" the plants to make sure that all the ants are gone. 


 The heavenly blue morning glory is so late this year that it is just now blooming! Too bad as cold temps tonite may finish it off for the season. 


Mr. A has been using his time wisely in the shop by painting yet another sign for his cabinets...this time the composition is all things Cord...a car built for only a couple of years in the late 1930's. I like the fall motif he used!

No comments:

Post a Comment