Tuesday, June 5, 2018

IT'S A SIGN...

 Did I mention that my under-gardener is also an erstwhile sign painter? So he gifted me with an early birthday present since I happened to walk into his workshop whilst he was painting it. It was meant to be a surprise for later in the month. 
The play on words is thanks to long time garden columnist Dulcy Mahar's husband Ted, who had a sign made to put on her much larger potting shed (which was really a nice hideaway at the back of her garden, complete with a sofa for napping and artwork!)  
Mine...not so fancy and A LOT smaller! That means that I can't do as much POUTING AS I'D LIKE! Since I've grown up though, I don't pout as much as I did when I was a teenager and my mom accused me of being a Ubangi! Those are the folks in Africa with the enlarged lower lips thanks to bones placed in them...what we all learned from the National Geographic back in the day! Well, pouting aside, the sign adds a nice touch, don't you think?

Notice too that my potting, er pouting shed is almost empty of plants. Even with shade cloth draped over the roof, it gets up into the 100's quickly on warm days. Who needs a crockpot?...I could just do a pot roast in a casserole dish in there and I'm sure it would be cooked to perfection by dinner time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment