Tuesday, May 8, 2018

MY HEART'S DESIRE...OR MUM'S DAY COMES EARLY!

 I've been wishing for a garden gate since we built the arbor in the backyard. It just looked unfinished to me and I wanted more separation from the ornamental garden into the "working garden." So I prevailed upon my under-gardener to help me realize my "heart's desire" (when it comes to gates...)     Below is the "before."

We built the frame in the driveway using some leftover boards from a long ago fence. Jack used metal plates to attach the pieces. 









We attached the fence boards with screws and ripped them in half except for the ends and the middle board. Next we cut an arc at the top to give it some style. 
 I'm using my favorite garden paint, Miller Storm in "Boxwood" which is a slightly blue-green color. I gave it about 3 coats in all. Then we attached the hinges and a diagonal rod with a turnbuckle to keep it from sagging.
 It couldn't have turned out any better! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment