Sunday, August 14, 2016

AUGUST BLAHS

Right on schedule, the summer doldrums have hit...they usually do in August...my absolutely least favorite month. I picked up a copy of Ladies' Home Journal...haven't read one in years...and discovered an article about Dorrie Jacobson, an 81 year old ex Playboy bunny with a style blog called seniorstylebible.com.  It's full of good advice, starting with "Love yourself." 
I figure if she can look hip at 81, I ought to be able to get it together at 72! Some other recommendations include putting on your makeup first thing in the morning and wearing something you feel good in. I've been trying that for some time except when I'm mowing lawns or doing dirty messing about in the garden. Otherwise, even if it's walking the dog or going to the grocery store or post office, I try to look put together. 
So even if you aren't as far gone in the age department, do check out her blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment