Thursday, December 17, 2015

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A...

 NEW FAUCET! 
Well, maybe not all...but I did get my wish thanks to my resident, if reluctant, plumber guy. The long sad story is that my last faucet was impossible to use with its spray feature without getting me, the window and the counter wet at the same time. So I saw an opportunity when the old faucet needed repair. A quick trip to Lowe's (Jack gets a Veteran's discount there) and looking at 50 or so models (who knew there were so many brands and styles!), we settled on this beauty. 
Turned out that Jack had to cut out the old faucet (it had been put on the sink before the sink was installed), modify the new undersink mounting bracket to fit, and voila! or viola!...2 hours of swearing, contorting the body laying under the sink by Jack and about 25 tools later, we had the "faucet of my dreams!"
The black button on the spout is the spray feature. I can also pull the spout down and move it around without any kink in the hose! 
Jack's chiropractor asked, "What have you been doing to yourself?"  
Sometimes it is the little things that can make a big difference...

No comments:

Post a Comment