Sunday, November 22, 2015

FALL FAVORITES

 This is the new addition to my kitchen counter...at least it seems like it has a permanent place on the counter since I brought it home. It's just so handy for me since it is a 2.5 quart crock pot. Great for 2-person meals and the white crock makes it so much easier to see what is going on inside. The doohickeys on the top of the lid are clamps for securing the lid for travel, in case you're wondering. It has the basic "LOW, HIGH, WARM" crock pot settings.  
 My miniature rose is blooming just before we get a killer frost. That means I'll have to put it inside. Since it shows no sign of going dormant yet, a deep freeze could damage or kill it since it is in a pot. I must have fertilized it a bit too late in the season or it just hasn't gotten the message. 
Luckily the weather guessers have modified the forecast a bit so it appears the next big system "Cara" (now that they are naming winter storms) will not be as nasty as earlier predicted. So low temps will stay in the mid 20's and not the teens. We're hoping this year to get a later winter "bug killer" storm after all the plants are asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment