Tuesday, May 12, 2015

OUR BETTER ANGELS

Some days it helps to spend time with my angel...my garden angel Sonia. It has been a hard week and is going to get even more difficult. My brothers are struggling with my mom and her dementia, trying to move her to a really good facility that can make sure she is safe and takes her meds. The trouble is that one minute she'll agree to the move and the next she is telling "the boys" never to talk to her again! Dementia takes many forms, and for my mom it appear to be manic depression. Even the meds she takes (when she remembers) do not fully alleviate her bouts. So in the end they will have to do the move without her consent. She will be unhappy, but that is no change from the past year or two! 
Thanks for reading my vent.   

No comments:

Post a Comment