Thursday, November 27, 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MORN

 I awoke with a start at 5 am today, realizing that I hadn't set out the Trader Joes Pumpkin Croissants to rise for 6-7 hours overnight as per the package directions. So I hopped out of bed, pulled the package out of the freezer and put the individual frozen hunks in the microwave to fool them into having been at least partly thawed. I just did about 40 seconds of nuke and they were sort of soft. I set them on parchment on a cookie sheet and went back to bed. 
 So this morning I stalled for some time to let them rise. Fixed Irish coffees to pass the time. I managed to give them 4 hours of thawing and rising before I popped them into the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Would they be as good as they looked on the box even though I didn't exactly follow the directions? Yes! Absolutely crisp, buttery and pumpkiny. Sometimes you just get lucky! I served them with a bowl of fruit (boreal blueberries, banana, local peaches from summer) and whipped cream. A great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment