Tuesday, July 17, 2012

FOXY

We have a regular visitor in the neighborhood, it seems. This morning I let Chase out for his usual first thing in the morning 20-count pee. I looked up the driveway to see the fox quietly crossing into our neighbor's yard. Luckily Chase was looking down at the time and missed it! Whew!
Many neighbors have reported seeing this guy at night in their backyards or on their decks peering in their windows but this was my first sighting. His presence probably explains the decrease in jack rabbits this year! I'm not sad about that. My guess is that this probably was a female out hunting and she  has a den with some hungry pups.
Another good reason to keep the cat in as these foxes CAN climb trees and fences! They are the dominant fox species because of their ability to adapt to urbanization.  

No comments:

Post a Comment