Friday, February 3, 2012

ZING GOES THE STRINGS OF MY....

...TRELLIS.
One of the BIG DEALS this month for me is building garden structures for my new vertical garden. With temps in the 60's and bright sun, I got my under gardener to come outside and play!


This one will hold peas or sweet peas and disguise the side of the plastic storage building.

The cedar 1.5" x 8' tall supports are screwed into the raised bed. I needed something sturdier than regular garden stakes and we found these at the lumber yard.The cross pieces have galvanized screws every 6". My under gardener had this whole thing knocked out is no time, using a power drill/screwdriver and a jig saw.

I'm using a nice twisted 100% cotton Wellington twine (made in Mexico)

It took 3 attempts to not bow the top board and still have a taunt line. We'll see what happens when it gets wet...I may have to restring it again if it tightens up. This is just for peas or sweet peas which aren't heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment