Sunday, February 20, 2011

GOT KNOBS!


Yes, as my former, departed mum-in-law used to say, "I feel like a queen!"
It's nice to be able to open the drawers and doors in the kitchen and bathroom without using a putty knife. My hands don't work so well these days, what with the arthritis kicking in big time. My fingers just couldn't pry the suckers open so I inserted a putty knife and pulled. This is much better!

Seems like nowadays they want to save money so they don't install cabinet hardware. But with all we had to do during our first week at our new place, hardware installation had to wait. $120 at Lowe's and we had some nice looking knobs and pulls.
Today, Sunday, was the first day we could get to it.


The cabinets are hickory which is evidently a very hard wood. We wore down the drill battery by the time we were done!

No comments:

Post a Comment