Wednesday, December 22, 2010

PIE CRUST IDEA

I've no photo yet...I was just gonna make this and we got a call from our realtor that a showing was eminent within the half hour, so I had to put everything away for now!
I've been making pie crust and crostada crust in the food processor for ages, but never have I made them with an egg before.It's supposed to make the crust flakier.

So here's the recipe:
2 cups all purpose or pastry flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tablespoon + 1 tsp sugar
1 stick+ 2 tsp cold butter ( I usually cube it and put it in the freezer to chill)
1 extra large egg yolk with 3 Tablespoons cold water
additional cold water if needed


Combine flour, salt, sugar and butter in processor bowl and pulse until flaky
With processor running, add egg/water mixture and process until dough forms a ball. You can add more cold water (a bit at a time if the dough looks too crumbly but don't over do it).
Wrap dough in plastic wrap or put in plastic bag. Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour.
You can freeze this dough also.

No comments:

Post a Comment