Sunday, September 19, 2010

BURNT OFFERINGS

OR HOW TO MAKE YOUR WHOLE HOUSE SMELL LIKE THE INSIDE OF AN OLD SNEAKER!
I was half-paying attention to a Martha Stewart thing on The Hallmark Channel the other day...she had a lady on with a great My Cousin Vinny/ Marisa Tomei accent, so I was enjoying her. She did a Chicken Cacciatore recipe and also showed how to dry parsley in the oven. Hers was dark green and fine. She claimed that the dried parsley would stick to the chicken and not get all slimy. Sounded good to me, since I've never been a fan of parsley just floating around. She said that having this dried stuff was like having "gold in your house." No kidding.


So you get a big bunch of parsley, wash & dry it well, and cut it off the stems. So far so good.

Then you put it in the oven at... did she say 350 degrees? for a few minutes...how many minutes? I wasn't quite paying attention so I figured maybe 10 minutes.

Ooooppps...Euuwwww! After about 5 minutes I noticed a funny smell...sort of like burnt spinach..or decaying cut grass...coming from the kitchen. WHAT? Hummm. Not so good. Maybe she said 250 degrees? And maybe only a few minutes. Maybe I'll try it again sometime...or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment